Tuesday, January 6, 2009

been doing some thinking

this has been such an interesting season....this last year. yesterday, i was at a friend's house at 8:00 p.m. and he said "dude, you look messed up". after conjuring up a witty and no doubt hilarious retort, it struck me: i feel messed up. i feel tired...perhaps i have reached my capacity in so many different ways.

this chapter of our life has been so meaningful, productive and forward-moving in multiple ways. on the other hand, it has been draining; more and more days lately i feel the toll which has been taken on my body, my soul and my mind.

i have ventured into new territory internally, reaching new limits, conversing more fully and honestly with myself, and trying to gain new language and framework with which to see and interact with the people and the world around me.

this holiday season was amazing. i worked all night on my birthday, went to the airport directly after, and flew to southern CA to spend a wonderful day celebrating Christmas and my birthday. i think i totaled 34 hours up without sleep. ouch. a couple of restful days later, we headed up to napa with ryan, holly and adam for wine tasting and mineral pools. It was great to see a bit of Craig and Lora as well, in town from Paris. we did some seriously helpful life processing with these folks. we'll again join them in southern Spain in a few months! came back from napa to throw holly a birthday/new year's eve party...it was grand. the best holiday season i can remember. i'll post a few pics.

fragmented post with too many ideas? yes. i just don't know how to distill what has been swirling around in this head.

No comments: