Tuesday, March 25, 2008

experiment

so for forty days, i and some others in our community up here are doing some experiments in truth.

for forty days:
*i will restrict all use of the internet except for essential schoolwork, email and my own personal blog (no online TV shows, wikipedia, other blogs, news, etc.)

*i will sleep for at least 7 hours each day/night, no matter what it takes

*i will meditate & deep breathe for 10 minutes each day

i hope to restore my center during this time...life's rhythms have thrown me pretty out of whack lately.

my sister carrie had her baby a few weeks ago; she's a beautiful baby girl named violet grace prince.

i am about to start an advanced critical care training course at work...which i am pretty excited about.

i am still hard at work training for my triathlon in may....found a new bike on craigslist which is doin me just fine, although i must confess, i have plans to do some mini-stakeouts on 16th & Mission, the purported spot for selling hot bikes.

the continued sunshine is restoring my soul, making me feel alive these days. just biked to sausalito yesterday, one of the clearer days i have seen in this area...sometime i have got to take a camera with me.

the US death toll in Iraq recently reached 4,000....a fraction of the numbers for iraqi civillians. please stop. washing a country in blood will not yield peace. please, no more.

No comments: