Monday, January 14, 2008

bringin the pain.

so adam was kind enough to allow my brother Jason and i to stay at his family's beautiful home in kirkwood, california, mere steps from a premiere ski resort. we had a great time for a few days with beautiful sunshine and a huge base of snow...except that it rained the night before we got there, meaning that the top layer of this pristine snow was essentially an ice cube.

about an hour and a half into the first day of snowboarding, i performed a spectacular fall. imagine a forward handspring...hands free. i could feel my head (helmeted of course) hit the snow, then my board, multiple times in succession. it was quite painful on the 'ol ankle. one need not be a male nurse to discern that there is a problem here:





despite my wounds, i am hard at it training for a triathlon i will be doing on May 18 with my brother in law Jason.

it is cold here. we are having fun watching Pax while his parents enjoy a bit of wine country.

peace for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh... i'm hoping that the image is a bit distorted due to some crazy wide angled lens. ouch.

Rick Gregory said...

ouch! so what happened the rest of the time? did you continue snowboarding?

Anonymous said...

"Watch the neck!!"

Tyson said...

I would like to direct you to a post I put up in November. I think that it is the best remedy for any foot/ankle problem. Let me tell you, as a former Norman, I know the pain!!
http://siandty.blogspot.com/2007/11/year-without-pepper.html